Designed with an easy going lifestyle in mind, with its fruity aroma, subtle bitterness, a refreshingly easy drinking beer that can be enjoyed at any time.
Rapid Creek lager
1kg Brew Booster
15g Pride of Ringwood or Dr Rudy hops
MJ M54 Californian Lager Yeast
1. The day before brewing, refrigerate 6 ltrs of water in sterilised closed containers.
2. Steep hops in hot tap water for 15mins. Pour through a strainer, collecting only the liquid into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Boil for 5mins, then tip into fermenter.
4. Tip the Brew Booster and Rapid Creek beer kit into fermenter and stir well.
5. Rinse the can with boiling water, add to fermenter, and stir well.
6. Add the 6 liters chilled water, then add enough tap water (preferably filtered) to make up to 23 litres.
7. Sprinkle yeast onto surface of liquid, close lid, and fit airlock.
8. Brew at 20c or as close as possible.
9. Bottle when Specific Gravity stabilises.
Tips for temperature control:
-Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
-Maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter.
-Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water.
-Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant.
–Use a Brewing Thermostat and a fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.
Equipment needed for mead making:
– 4 Litre Pot
– Medium Funnel
– 2 x 5L Demijohns
– Bored Bung
– Solid Bung
-To make oak spirit use a 4-5 Litre wide neck glass jar, use around 200-300g of oak blocks or chips and 1 litre of vodka/neutral spirit. Soak for at least 14 days but the flavour intensifies the longer you leave the oak soaking. When ready, strain the oak out by passing it through filter wool in a funnel.